Friday 19 September 2014

LFW14 - Jewellery Edit

First things first, I apologise for not posting What Tallulah Did for the last two days - technical difficulties (mainly Sky internet connection..) have prevented me from doing so - but I'm happy to be back so I can bring you the LFW14 Jewellery Edit. 

The accessories section was the last part of the Designer Showrooms Open House Event that I went to visit and to be honest, it was by far my favourite! 
Lingerie, swimwear and ready-to-wear is always a challenge to present, the pieces NEVER look their best on the hangers no matter how hard you try; they're designed for the body and that's where they look best.. 

Even though jewellery is made for the body too, and some pieces are difficult to display, most pieces can be creatively draped with the results being stunning! It was this beautiful presentation of the jewellery section that drew me to walking through it, probably around three times. 



These two images where my favourite displays, it's easy to see why.. 
The huge necklaces draped around vases spanned up the wall so the top row was almost in line with the top of my head. 
And the beautiful, chunky, statement necklaces, bracelets and earrings displayed simply on black velvet stood out as they spanned across the length of an entire room! 

Both are definitely in the back of my mind as display inspiration at Tallulah.. 


Gorgeous Minimalist Rings and Bracelets by Phoebe Coleman |  http://phoebecoleman.com

I was drawn to this designers stand as soon as I walked into the accessories section and even visited it again before I left. 
These elegant, simple pieces are right up my street and consequently match my jewellery pieces that I wear everyday.. 

I particularly loved the collection with the tiny hearts, photographed above. I believe the collection is called Love Me Tender, however I urge you to check out more of Phoebe Coleman's work at http://phoebecoleman.com it really is beautiful! 
I can't wait until her SS15 collection is released online - its definitely one for the top of the Christmas list. 

Pieces by Noritamy | http://noritamy.com

And on the other end of the scale.. 
I'm so in love with this designer.. Noritamy probably isn't one for everyday wear. I don't know what you get up to day to day so maybe it's perfect, but I love it as special occasion pieces. 
I can image wearing one of her huge statement chokers with a really plain silk dress for an evening event or one of her cuffs with a rolled up shirt to dinner - perfect! 

Her gutsy, organic looking pieces are set with Swarovski crystals for that added sparkle which looks beautiful against the rough black texture of the rest of the piece.. 
There was another set that was almost identical to the one pictured above but was made from a material that was transparent; apart from the scratched up,'I just got pulled straight out of the ground', look it had going on.. I was convinced it was made of ice for a little while; how amazing!

I was lucky enough to have a brief conversation with the designer of the Tephra collection; she was wonderful and so engaged with her pieces which I always find endearing. 

I suggest you check out Noritamy online, she has some fabulous geometric, statement pieces from her AW14 collection to get your teeth into as you eagerly await SS15.. 

http://noritamy.com 


I hope this has got you all inspired with ideas for those oh so special jewellery gifts you would like to give (..and receive!) - More tomorrow from LFW14 Ready-To-Wear 

No comments:

Post a Comment